First Eucharist / Communion
At the time of First Eucharist…
- …a child must have been baptized
- …a child is 7 or 8 years old (normally)
- …a child has celebrated First Reconciliation
- …a child has had two years of previous religious instruction
- …a child has been participating in the faith life of the parish (Mass and Devotion)
- …a child does home based lessons with the parent in preparation to receive the sacrament
- …parents must attend enrollment and sacramental meetings.
- …the child and parents have participated in a required morning retreat/catechetical session
Celebration of the First Eucharist will be during the Easter Season.